Friends of Lee Chapel

  The Friends of Lee Chapel

The Lee Chapel, resting on the hill below the historic Colonnade, has been the heart of the Washington and Lee University campus since 1868. Today, the beautiful historic building, filled with tradition and a sense of heritage, remains a meeting place for University lectures, concerts, convocations and contemplation. But it is so much more.
Promising a new future to our students and the many couples who marry here;
Preserving a legacy of honor and civility, rooted in Robert E. Lee’s tenure as 11th president of Washington College;
Evoking memories of student years for alumni;
Stimulating discovery and learning among our tens of thousands of visitors from across the nation and the world, as they view the history of this institution and the contributions made to higher education by both Robert E. Lee and the nation’s first president, George Washington;
Creating a connection to the past by visiting the resting places of Dr. William Graham, the first president of Liberty Hall Academy, Robert E. Lee and even Lee’s famous horse, Traveller.

 

 

 

Donation Information
$     *
Additional Information
Billing Information
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Payment Information
*
*
  *
*
help *
Matching Gifts